Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Kickstart my Album

So I'm putting together a Kickstarter campaign.
If you know me, chances are you've heard my song Sound. "If a tree falls in the woods..."
Hear "Sound" on YouTube
Well, I've recently written one about Newton's 3 laws of motion, and I'm mostly done with one about using the apostrophe. Now I've begun one on the nature of light.
This all amounts to what I see as an album of music for kids and young adults.
Like my song about the U.S. presidents, "The Presidents Song", I feel these songs can be helpful in remembering facts and theories and things like that. So I'm going for educational while still being entertaining, a la They Might Be Giants.
I was thinking of making a CD of these songs and then trying to sell them to the parents of the children at Emily's school. Then it all started coming together one day when I thought about Kickstarter, and how well it's working for a lot of people. So I looked into it. Sure enough, it sounded like stuff I could do.
So, for the project, I gave it the working title of "Songs of Light and Sound" (which prompted the writing of the song about light, tentatively titled "Everything We See is Starlight") and I began loading up the fields with my info. I'm darn near ready to launch, I just need to open a new bank account and finish my video.
So expect to see a lot of hype and posts about this campaign because I really want to reach my goal amount and make this happen. I have a responsibility to the people who contribute and I take that responsibility very seriously. I look forward to making the CD and to sending out copies to everyone who helps me, as well as making it available for sale worldwide. I can't say so on Kickstarter, but if anyone contributes 10% or more of my total goal amount, we can discuss a share of the profits from any sales. You would also be welcome to attend the recording sessions and have your input heard.
I'm very excited about kicking off this campaign, seeing the project come together, recording, and releasing my first album of my own music. Please stay tuned and consider being a part of it.
Also, my musician friends who would like to contribute your talents, please let me know your thoughts.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment