Bad Daddy



Last night I was sitting in the living room playing Angry Birds. Delilah kept coming up to me with toys, telling me a little something about each one. It was non-stop, one right after another. Finally I said, “and why are we doing an inventory of all your toys?” She looked down at the heart-shaped comb she was holding and said, “I just want your attention.” I was struck with the realization that I’m a bad daddy. I immediately turned off the game and engaged in conversation with her. I’m just glad she is clear-headed enough to tell me what was really going on. With that kind of honesty and insight I feel it’s unlikely she is going to act out in dangerous ways. I can pray, anyway. I love that kid so much.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

OPINION: What Would Bernie Do?

Music 104B Final Project

Don't call me Shirley