Daniel 5:15

A funny thing happened to me at the supermarket.
I was checking out, when I noticed a dry erase board on the wall behind the manager’s station at the front of the store under the windows. The sign said “Daniel 5:15”.
So I thought, “is that reference to a Bible verse, or is it saying that Daniel’s shift will start at 5:15?” So I got out my phone and Googled it. I found that the Bible verse at Daniel 5:15 is roughly this:
“Now the wise men, the enchanters, have been brought in before me to read this writing and make known to me its interpretation, but they could not show the interpretation of the matter.” 
Now that’s what I call irony.
So I went back to that same market the next day. The dry erase board today said “Cora 11:45.” Pretty sure there’s no book of Cora in the Bible. Plus the girl bagging the groceries at my line was named Cora. So still not sure what the sign indicates, perhaps a break. In any case, it’s probably not any reference to a holy book. Not the inspirational “John 3:16” kind of thing I suspected. Funny.

Comments

  1. Cora 11:45 is from the Apocrypha. It goes "Thou shalt take respite from thine toil and labour upon the 4th quarter duration of the tenth plus 1 hour, then shalt ye resume thy task during the second or third quarter of the next, being the twelfth. Abide this edict, young woman. Amen."
    "John3:16" is not particularly inspiring, either...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It's a good one right? Wholesome. Makes you want to just take a break. Because it's holy, + ordained. I break for Jesus. I'd break with Jesus, if he'd show....

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

OPINION: What Would Bernie Do?

Music 104B Final Project

The Back Room