Judgmental

I'm not judging you. I'm creating a mental picture of who you are based partly on the decisions that you make. What other valid reality can I use to determine the type of person you are than the choices that you make? Your behavior is who you are. If I'm not supposed to make my determination of where you fit into my understanding of personality types based on how you react to situations, then am I supposed to just start fresh each time I see you as though I don't know a thing about you? I wouldn't gain much from that, now would I? If each time I see you I act like it's the first time, convince myself to start at zero each time, then I won't make any progress in my friendship with you. Therefore the choices you make, they do have consequences, and one of those is that I am going to anticipate some of your future behavior based on some of your past behavior. Now if that is being judgmental, then maybe I am. But I've misunderstood the meaning of the word since I thought I learned it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPINION: What Would Bernie Do?

Music 104B Final Project

The Back Room