She loves you yeah yeah yeah

This is a very exciting time in Delilah's development. She is talking all the time. She's learning to put together all kinds of sentences, & I hear from parents of other children her age that their babies don't talk anywhere near as well as she does. Besides that, it's great that we can communicate with her now. It was only 3 months ago that I was amazed by her handful of one-syllable words in her vocabulary. Now we carry on conversations. I've always been fascinated by the idea of molding a young mind, creating a human personality. It's scary & adventurous. There's no telling what she's going to turn out like despite our efforts, or rather because of them.
She understands an amazing number of things, she recognizes things like t.v. show sets, people's voices (like Randy Newman), & she is showing signs of being a great dancer. She's got rhythm, & for that I am endlessly grateful. I don't know yet if she is going to have an interest in playing music, but I have a feeling it may be a while before she does, if she does. She doesn't seem to like to be told things, how to do things, etc. She likes to do things her own way. I have NO idea where she gets that from. Anyway, I'm more than happy to teach her anything I know/she wants to know about anything musical.
We went to the company party last night, & she charmed everyone with her sweetness, her beauty, her behavior. She's very loving and she's everything I could want. I want to thank God, and my Kindergarten teacher Ms. Miller, my friends & family, the academy, Mr. Futa, who didn't believe in me but let me prove myself to him... I should say real things but I may have forgotten how.
Currently reading: Cosmic by Frank Cottrell Boyce

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPINION: What Would Bernie Do?

Music 104B Final Project

The Back Room