To the Gun Control Opposition

To the people who resisted President Obama's executive actions on gun control, please take note.

"I believe in the Second Amendment, there written on paper, that guarantees the right to bear arms," Obama said. "No matter how many times people try to twist my words around, I taught constitutional law. I know a little bit about this. But I also believe that we can find ways to reduce gun violence consistent with the Second Amendment." Can't we all sacrifice a little for the safety of our citizens? This refusal to accept ANY limitations, ANY restrictions, ANY compromise is extremely selfish. Do you really intend to take the government by force one day? Is that really on your itinerary? Besides that, note the words of your beloved Second Amendment, 'A well-regulated militia...' How can you define every jackass owning all the guns he wants as "well-regulated"? To me, "well-regulated" includes extensive training, specific weaponry and a duty to more than just selfish 'redneck patriotism.' All you're really fighting for is your personal right to own whatever guns you want, regardless of how you dress it up. If you take a minute, I bet you can think of 10 people who you would like to see denied a gun purchase. Open your mind and I bet you'll easily come up with a short list of people who SHOULD NOT own guns. Even Thomas Jefferson would have put limitations on who could own guns if the kind of firearms which exist today existed in his time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPINION: What Would Bernie Do?

Music 104B Final Project

The Back Room