Alhambra April

It was April 1, sometime in the late '80s. I drove out to Alhambra to my bass player's house. I parked my truck around the corner, out of sight of his front door. I walked to his house, and I got myself to panting. I knocked on the door. When Anthony opened it, I told him a story of how I was driving down his street, and I was going too fast. I said I was going about 50, and I know because I was looking down at my speed when the lady pulled out in front of me. I said I hit her, but good. T-boned her right there on his street. I was panicking, saying I didn't know what I was going to do. When he seemed good and concerned, I dropped it on him: "April Fool!" He said I should be an actor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPINION: What Would Bernie Do?

Music 104B Final Project

The Back Room