Funny story, this song.



https://youtu.be/tAYX4jqJG_g?t=2m14s


I wrote a song a few years before this which said, "there's room for one more, and it's not gonna be you." I couldn't tell you who that was about because I just don't remember. This one, based on that idea, is clear.

I had a girlfriend, and I usually take that pretty seriously. I've always been the sort who knew he'd eventually want to settle down. I had one ex-girlfriend tell me that I "see everyone as a potential mate." Over the years of reflection I think I know what she meant, and I think she was right.

So I was seeing this woman, and one day she said she had a video for me to watch. Without going into details, I found out that day that I was not the only man she was seeing. She told me as though it was pretty matter-of-fact, and that's just how she does things. But I had to wonder, if she thought it was all routine and acceptable, why was she hiding it from me?

So I told her I would try and roll with it, but I would need to have something else on the side too. So I went to the person I would like to have my fling with, told her about it, started seeing her, and realized that's just not who I am, so I never went back to the other woman.

This song talks about that relationship and the phone call when I explained to her what had happened.

"F**king typical" was one of her favorite things to say about people who made her mad.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPINION: What Would Bernie Do?

Music 104B Final Project

The Back Room